Tuesday, August 26, 2008

her key didn't fit the lock

Here I am 5:04 in the morning. This is part of the day I usually don't see because I am doing something we call sleeping. Every human does it and normally around this time. About thirty or so minutes ago I woke up to the sound of someone inserting a key in to the lock of my door and trying to open it. This immediately caught my attention. Could it possibly be a courteous robber. One that attempts the lock before breaking the window? How nice of them. At first I thought it was possibly a roommate trying to get in. But then to my surprise it was a young, pretty twenty something girl trying to make her way in to my bedroom. This doesn't happen very often. A girl trying really hard with keys that don't fit the lock to get in to MY bedroom. I mean if anything she has earned the right. But not tonight. I ask her what she wants. She responds, "Are you kidding me? Let me in." She is really persistent about getting in (all the while she is still trying to open the door with keys that don't fit). I ask her name, "Nicole, Nicole... now let me in." At this point I am freaked out at this pretty girl that is trying to make entry in to my house. I tell her, "this is not your house." And still she wants in.

So what do I do? Tony to the rescue. I wake Tony up. We sit on the couch for a couple of minutes. My suggestion is to let the cops take care of this. It is to weird for me. Tony gets the guts to turn all the lights on and go outside on the porch and talk to her. He opens the door. And immediately she tries to come in the house. "I want to come in. And lay down." Tony responds by saying, "Yes, but on the couch outside. You can't come in." That a boy Tony. Yah! what my boy Tony said. So we talked to our new found friend Nicole. Who smelled appropriately for someone that had been drinking all night. But the weird thing is that she seemed coherent enough to talk. But she didn't know why she was on our front porch trying to get in.

I am proposing someone slipped something in to her drink. And that is just bad news. Her house is three blocks from our house. She is clearly frustrated. She doesn't know why she is on our porch. She doesn't know how she got here. So Tony and I drove her home. I thought her house might look similar to our house. At least the front porch would look similar. Turns out she lives in a huge white house with a small side porch. I guess if your drunk and oblivious you could mistake the two.

I am now pretty freaked out still. I want the sun to come up. Cause for some reason I feel safer when the sun is up. Now I have another excuse why I pay cheaper rent at this house. No other roommates can complain about random, drunk hot girls trying to insert their key in to my lock just so they can get in to a house they don't even know. Hi Yah!

No comments: