I don't know who reads this. If anyone. I am probably just a lone ranger out in cyber space. But that is okay I suppose. Or you just possibly have nothing better to do with your time and you decide to read these words. Or gracefully skim them for juicy tidbits.
I am at a crossroads in my life. I am finished with Seminary. And now I have to choose what direction I should go from here. All the options in front of me look desirable. The problem is that each option takes sacrifice. And the other problem is that I don't want to be forced in to one. My options are to stay in Orlando and find a decent job that will suffice for a couple of years. I want to stay in Orlando so I can play in a band. But to play in the band I have to make money some how. My second option is to go be a pastor. The only problem is that I would have to leave the band. And most likely move to another city. The good news is for a pastor is that I would have a job.
I keep beating myself up over what is the best decision to make.
I can just see myself years down the road asking myself why I never pursued the band. Or even months from now wishing I could play in a band.
What I usually do in this scenario is go looking for jobs on the internet. Every one asks for 5 years of experience, which I don't have. They ask for certain degrees. Degrees that I don't have. What it seems is that what I have worked really hard for is to get a job at McDonald's. Or a church that is not anywhere near Orlando. I am stuck. I feel pressure from all sides. In the end this event will only be like a blimp on the radar screen. But it is pushing me to make conscious, logical, and PRAYERFUL decisions on what the next steps should be in my life. Nothing off the cuff.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment